Monday, April 04, 2005

Some highlights from this week...

I learnt several new recipes. Im particularly liking tarragon butter sauce with fish. Yum! I also spent ALOT of time juicing vegetables. It's becomming a bit of a compulsion. As is making chicken soup...

I spent a debaucherous night out in Edinburgh, and Carlisle. Obviously, not on the same night.


..drugs are bad kids.

I decided that Ray Mears is my new hero. Deciding this has made me even more determined to become skilled in field craft - which is going to be a must for my work... just need to get myself some khakis and a whittling stick and I'll be sorted.

In a fit of sheer impulse buying, Sarah and I bought tickets for the T in the Park festival this July, woo-hoo! ..Green Day, The Killers, The Prodigy, Kasabian, Bloc Party and The Foo Fighters among many others. Oh. And the mud, we mustn't forget the mud!

Sarah's ongoing battle with The Cat has escalated to silly proportions. In an attempt to stop him from trying to sleep on her head every night, she has now taken to going to bed armed with a spray bottle loaded with water. Funnily enough, the ensuing carnage has gone completely unnoticed by me, as I manage to sleep quite soundly through it all.

I discovered the Joy of Napster - so I can now listen to vitually any album/song I can think of in full and then choose to buy it, or not! ..Hence now I am quickly attempting to develop my Will Power enough so that I do not 1.) spend the next three month's stipend before it has even arrived; and 2.) spend the next three month's searching for obscure tracks from my youth rather than working. It's not looking promising. Maybe this wasn't such a geat discovery afterall...

As you can see, the life of a PhD student is a none stop rollercoaster of exciting thrills and spills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home