Friday, June 29, 2007

Ducks! ...thousands of 'em!

I *love* this story I heard about today... the serious environmental impacts aside, but ..rubber ducks! Hee!

Drake's other armada*

It just so happens that I'm off to Devon and Cornwall for a week's jolly with Ruth and some friends. We had planned to do some very geeky tourist attraction visiting (Iron Age settlements, Uther Pendragon's castle etc), otter spotting, and puffin watching, not to mention hopefully catching some waves with my new found love of body boarding. Hovever, considering the ducks have become collector’s items, and are now changing hands for £500 a pop, we may instead be gripped in a "gold fever" fashion and spend the week beach combing... there's 29,000 of 'em out there!

Then we can just sit back and count our millions (14.5 of them!), regaling tales of the great Duck Rush of 2007...



* Disclaimer: I don't, of course, make a habit of reading the Daily Mail! What do you take me for!? After hearing about it on the radio (BBC 4, naturally) I searched for more on the story, and they just happened to have a good piece on it. Now leave me in peace so I can read about Charlotte Church's far from cutting-edge choice of maternity wear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home