Monday, January 29, 2007

Reasons to be cheerful...

I don't know about you, but I *hate* January. It should just be banned.. or everyone should get a 'time out' for the entire month to go off on a jolly somewhere warm and happy, because its all just a bit too much to cope with.

The weather is miserable.. No-one has any money.. People are feeling guilty from festive excess and so don't want to play.. Everyone is just plain guilty as they've undoubtedly already broken most, if not all, of their New Year's resolutiuons already, and so don't want to play.. For some reason there are always loads of work deadlines which creep up from everywhere..

And did I mention the pissy weather?!

So in an attempt to alliviate the utterly depressing state of things, I have gone on a mission to come up with Things To Look Forward To In February *clears throat* I give you:

I'm going to see Bloc Party with Ali in Glasgow!

Its me birthday *ahem*

My little bud Debbie is coming back over from Norn Iron to play!

Ruth is moving to Edinburgh from Oz! And I'm going to see The Gossip in Manchester with her, and then the next day we're going to see The Grates in Liverpool!!

And the day afyter that I'm going to see The Gossip in Glasgow with Lyn and Claire!!

And then I'm going to see The Rapture with Ruth again in Glasgow!!!!

FEBRUARY IS GONNA BE FECKING AWESOME!!!

*ahem*

as you can no doubt tell from the number of exclamation marks used in this blog, I *AM* feeling particularly smug and show-offy about it all. But isn't it just about time I had something to feel smug and show-offy about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home